Mark Jay Epstein
Mark Jay Epstein is a compelling trial attorney, notable for his endless dedication to his clients and phenomenal work with community organizations. With almost three decades of experience representing victims of personal injury, Mark’s assertive techniques give his clients a significant advantage in personal litigations and trial.
Mark has stood up for his clients time and again to fight for the justice they deserve in some of the firms most severe cases of personal injury. Utilizing his comprehensive knowledge of both the defense and plaintiff sides of the system, his admirable commitment to his clients have contributed to his recognition as one of New York’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers since 2011 by the National Trial Lawyers Association, Top Attorney’s in New York in 2013, and Super Lawyer since 2011. In one of his highest premise cases, Mark fought and won a $5,000,000 settlement for a client landing him in the New York Law Journal Hall of Fame for Highest Premises/Verdict Settlements.
As a New York native, Mark has always made an extra effort to stay involved with civic-minded organizations and local events supporting hardworking citizens. He’s made frequent appearances and statements for major networks around the state and serves as the Chair of Long Island Rail Road Commuter Council, a Commissioner on the Suffolk County Human Rights Commission, and a graduate of the Suffolk County Police Department Citizen Academy. His belief that representation should occur both in-and-out of the courtroom has solidified his reputation as a diligent attorney who is not afraid to step outside the box when fighting for the rights of his clients.
In addition to his outstanding work with clients, Mark actively participates in several professional associations such as the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association, and American Association of Justice. On many occasions, Mark has used his talent for civil litigation and knowledge of accident rights to participate in lectures educating fellow professionals and victims about laws and polices to assist them in their cases.
Mark has handled a wide variety of serious injury and fatal accident cases, with strong focus in the areas of construction law, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, and medical malpractice. He completed his undergraduate education earning a Bachelor’s of Science from American University, before proceeding to graduate from New York Law School in 1989. Mark was first admitted to the New York and New Jersey Bar in 1989 and the District of Columbia bar in 1991. Prior to joining Pazer, Epstein, Jaffe & Fein, P.C., Mark worked as a defense attorney in insurance law and a PBA attorney.
Mark is a 1989 graduate of New York Law School and has been recognized as one of state’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- 1989 – New York
- 1989 – New Jersey
- 1991 – District of Colombia
- New York Law School, J.D. – 1989
- American University, B.S.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chair – Long Island Rail Road Commuters Council
- Executive Committee – Permanent Citizens Advisory Committee to the MTA
- Commissioner – Suffolk County Human Rights Commission
- Board of Directors – New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member – Suffolk County Bar Association
- Chair– Suffolk County Jewish Advisory Board
- Member – Jewish Lawyers of Nassau County
- Member – New York County Lawyer Association
- Member – American Association of Justice
- Member – Infrastructure committee-LIA
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Graduate – Suffolk County Police Department Citizen Academy
- New York Law Journal Hall of Fame – Highest Premises/Verdict Settlements
- Avvo- Top Attorney Personal Injury Law
- Member- Nassau Bar Association
- Super Lawyer (since 2011)
- Super Lawyer- Top Attorney’s in New York 2013
- Members- National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Members- Motor Vehicle Trial Association
- Member- Labor Council for Latin American Advancement
- Member- Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce
- Member- Huntington Lawyers Club